Whether you rent or own, a little bit of water in your home can quickly grow
into a health problem. Mold is a toxic threat.
While experts dispute how dangerous the spores are to your health, one thing
is certain, mold clean up is a booming industry. Using a company to cleanup
the mess can cost you thousands of dollars. Even then, the problem often goes
unsolved or gets worse.
Laci Carelton's home has become bio-danger to her family. Carlton found mold
growing in thick patches under the rug in the house she rents. Her landlord
refused to remove the mold so she decided to get rid of it on her own.
No matter how bad the mold is in your house, experts say removing it own your
own can often make the problem worse. Mold removal is risky business, but hiring
a professional to remove do it can be just as risky.
Health officials say most companies don't know what they're doing. With no government
guidelines many companies remove mold however they want, often increasing the
health risks by stirring up more spores into the air.
Authorities agree it's time for some kind of regulation. A few local companies
only employ highly trained, certified workers. Non-existent regulations allow
other companies to get certified with little or no real experience.
Congress and several states are considering legislation to regulate mold cleanup.
Until then, keep a few tips in mind that can help:
? Ask if the company holds a certification from the indoor air quality association.
Most others are not as difficult to get.
? Try to use a company with insurance that specifically covers mold cleanup.
? Always ask for references.
OR GO TO MOLD TRAINING
Professional Mold Testing and Mold Remediation Classes
Call Southeastern Mold Institute Inc. at 1-850-276-3135 for
a FREE PHONE CONSULATION on MOLD TRAINING AND MOLD CERTIFICATION
OTHER HELPFUL TOXIC MOLD SITES:
OR EMAIL US AT
MOLD TRAINING CLASS = ADMIN@MOLDCLASS.COM