site map

Mold found in Chenequa Village Hall
Kelly Smith, staff writer April 30, 2003

Village of Chenequa ­- Air purification equipment has been temporarily installed as contractors try to remove mold spores from three rooms in the Village Hall.

Village Administrator Robert Douglas said contractors found mold levels unacceptably high in the foyer entrance to the building, the boardroom, and the police and fire training room.

Douglas said the mold is apparently the result of water that seeped into the building last fall when contractors were working on the roof.

Douglas said a heavy rainstorm occurred after the contractors had opened up the roof to do repair work.

He said the mold apparently developed in a wall that extended down from the roof to the foyer and elevator well of the building.

Douglas said he thinks the spores spread to the second-floor boardroom and the police and fire training room through the ventilation system in the building.

He said other rooms and offices in the building were not affected, because different ventilation ducts serve them.

Douglas does not think the mold spores pose a public health threat.

"If it would be allowed to continue on a long-term basis, it might have posed a threat," he said.

"However, as I understand it, it does not pose a threat now, because the mold was sealed behind vinyl wallpaper," he said.

The mold was discovered when contractors began doing restoration work on water damage that resulted from the leaks.

OR GO TO MOLD TRAINING HOME PAGE

Professional Mold Testing and Mold Remediation Classes

Call Southeastern Mold Institute Inc. at 1-850-276-3135 for a FREE PHONE CONSULATION on MOLD TRAINING AND MOLD CERTIFICATION

OTHER HELPFUL TOXIC MOLD SITES:

http://www.moldclass.com/ - http://www.safehome4u.com/ - http://www.moldnews.org/ - http://www.moldtrainingclass.com/ -
http://www.black-mold-training.org/ -
http://www.black-mold-training.org/

OR EMAIL US AT
MOLD TRAINING CLASS = ADMIN@MOLDCLASS.COM